Table of Contents
- What is Microsoft 365
- Why They Changed The Name
- List of Microsoft 365 Applications
- Microsoft 365 Plans
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is Microsoft 365
Office 365 is a cloud-based suite that contains apps (Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and services focused on business productivity. Subscriptions also include apps and services (Skype for Business, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, Yammer, and Planner) depend upon your plan. Office 365 is a monthly subscription for every user. It comes with various plans with robust productivity, collaboration, and security features to choose from as per your needs. It allows you to stop or change plans at all times.
Microsoft 365 is a collection of services that contains Office 365 along with various other services like Windows 10 Enterprise, Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS), and machine learning. It offers multiple plans that you can choose as per your needs. The services in Microsoft 365 comes with separate licenses.
Why They Changed The Name
On April 21, 2020, Microsoft renamed all the services to Microsoft 365 to provide a single complete productivity platform for its customers. With the new naming convention, subscription service is differentiated from the traditional Office-branded Microsoft program packages. The customers with the subscription on April 20 are the same as the subscription on April 21.
List of Microsoft 365 Applications
Microsoft 365 offers basic productivity applications to users with different needs and requirements in the modern-day world.
- Microsoft Power Apps
- Microsoft Forms
- Microsoft Flow
File Storage, Search, & Employees
Applications For Small Businesses
- Visio Online
Emailing & Calendaring
Video & Presentations
Task & Project Management
- Project Online
Enterprise & Team Collaboration
- Skype for business
- Microsoft Teams
- SharePoint Online
Microsoft 365 Plans
You have to visit Microsoft’s website to sign up for any of Microsoft 365. Here are different plans with pricing and offers.
Microsoft 365 Personal
This package covers premium Office apps, 1 TB of cloud storage, and advanced security for all your devices. It is available at $6.99 a month, or $69.99 for one year for just one person.
What you will get with Microsoft 365 Personal?
- Get smart assistance features with 100+ premium templates, photos, icons, and fonts in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Save and share files & photos across devices using OneDrive
- Get advanced security protection in OneDrive and Outlook
- Get access to up to 5 devices at the same time per subscription
- Get contact support by chat or phone without paying extra
- Available for PC, Mac, iOS, and Android
Microsoft 365 Family
This package includes premium Office apps, up to 6TB of cloud storage with 1 TB each person, and advanced security for all your devices. It is available for up to 6 people at $9.99 a month, or $99.99 as an annual subscription.
What you will get with Microsoft 365 Family?
• Get smart assistance features along with 100+ premium templates, photos, icons, and fonts included in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Save and share files & photos across devices using OneDrive
• Get advanced security protection in both OneDrive & Outlook
• Set location alerts in the Microsoft Family Safety mobile app
• Each person can use up to 5 devices simultaneously per subscription
• Get contact support for chat or phone without making an extra payment
• Available for PC, Mac, iOS, and Android
Microsoft 365 Business Basic
This package covers Microsoft Teams, secure cloud storage, and the web along with mobile versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (Not available for desktop versions). It is available for one user at $5 per month.
• Use a 50 GB mailbox and custom email domain address to host email
• With Microsoft Teams, make a hub for teamwork that helps to connect people
• Get office apps for the web that covers Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote
• Each user can store and share files using 1 TB of OneDrive cloud storage
• Up to 300 users can do online meetings and video conferencing
• Get help 24/7 and web support from Microsoft
• It supports Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, and the two most recent versions of macOS. Available in all languages
• Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote available in various languages (English, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Gujarati, Marathi, Bengali, Punjabi, Odia, Assamese, and Konkani)
Microsoft 365 Business Standard
This package comes with Microsoft Teams, secure cloud storage, business email, and premium Office applications across all devices. Each user can get all the benefits at $12.50 per user per month.
• Get office apps on Desktop versions that contain Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote
• Using a 50 GB mailbox and custom email domain, you can host email
• Use Microsoft Teams to create a hub for teamwork and connect people
• Every user can store and share files using 1 TB of OneDrive cloud storage
• Each user can cover fully installed Office apps on five mobile devices, five tablets, and five PCs or Macs with one license.
• Get help anytime with around-the-clock phone and web support from Microsoft.
• It supports Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7 Service Pack 1 along with the two most recent versions of macOS. It is available in all languages.
•Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote available can be accessed using English, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Gujarati, Marathi, Bengali, Punjabi, Odia, Assamese, Konkani.
Microsoft 365 Business Premium
This package offers all Standard features, advanced cyber threat protection, and device management. Each user can use it at $20 per month.
• Keeps updated with the latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
• Customers can join coworkers with Outlook, Exchange, and Teams
• Each user can manage files with 1 TB of cloud storage using OneDrive from any place
•Secure your business using sophisticated phishing and ransomware protection
• Use encryption method to control sensitive information
• Secure devices that include your data
• Keep iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac devices safe and update.
• It supports Windows 10 Pro. Some management features don’t support Windows Home. Available in all languages.
• Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote are available in different languages (English, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Gujarati, Marathi, Bengali, Punjabi, Odia, Assamese, Konkani).
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it worth using Microsoft 365?
Microsoft 365 comes with all the Office apps and everything from the cloud service.
How to do a free installation for Office 365?
- Visit Office.com.
- Create your Microsoft account. The people with a Windows, Skype, or Xbox login already have an active Microsoft account.
- Select the app for your use
- Using OneDrive to save your work in the cloud.
Also Read: Things You Must Know About Google Ads