How To Stay Healthy During Menstruation? Menstruation is a monthly cycle of bleeding that women go through from menarche to menopause. It is such a painful situation where you may feel any of the uncomfortable symptoms such as abdominal cramps, headaches, nausea, fatigue, bloating, mood swings, and Diarrhea. These symptoms are mild for some females while exaggerated for the remaining ones. It is an integral part of every woman’s life, discharging the blood and tissue from your uterus through your vagina.
Here are some simple health tips for menstruation.
Menstruation is a monthly cycle of bleeding that women go through that causes blood loss and uncomfortable symptoms like mood swings abdominal cramps, nausea, fatigue, bloating, diarrhea, and headaches. Here are some simple health tips for menstruation.
Healthy Foods During Menstruation
During menstruation, our body loses lots of blood, making our body completely weak. If you want to make up for blood loss and make the body healthy, then you will have to hydrate well and eat healthy food containing iron, protein, and calcium.
Here are healthy foods that you consume during menstruation:
1. Consume whole grains such as whole wheat, oats, and brown rice. They contain Vitamin B and antioxidants. They contain fiber that helps you to prevent constipation.
2. Consume low-fat milk products such as dahi and lassi. Yogurt can ease muscle pain and cramps. Lassi helps to hydrate the body and replenish the lost nutrients.
3. Consume legumes, nuts, seeds, especially flax and chia, and salmon that are rich sources of healthy nutrients that offer phytonutrients, omega-3. Proteins are important to recover the blood loss.
4. Eat vegetables which are rich sources of important antioxidants that help the body to free from stress.
4. Eat lots of green leafy vegetables that offer fiber and iron. Iron helps to recover blood loss.
5. Consume whole fruits that contain vitamins & minerals in the flesh, fiber & flavonoids in the skin, and even more fiber in the pulp. The nutrients in each component collide with each other, helping boost digestion and absorption.
6. Consume small amounts of healthy fats. Prevent aggravating indigestion by saying no to fried foods.
How To Stay Healthy During Menstruation? Daily Diet Plan During Menstruation
When menstruation affects our body every month, we can keep our body strong enough to withstand it by adding a daily diet plan. Keep your body healthy and fit by providing essential nutrients it needs through a healthy diet plan.
- In the early morning, drink a glass of Ajwain/Jeera water. Take 1 tsp Ajwain/Jeera in 1-liter water and soak overnight.
- After some time, take a cup of tea/ coffee.
- During breakfast, mix oats/daliya with Dahi and seasonal fruits. Add some flax seeds on top.
- In the mid-morning, consume fruit and lassi. You can add black salt on Lassi. It will be okay if you add no black salt. But avoid adding sugar.
- During lunch, take a cup of brown rice, 2 chapatis, dahi with Jeera 1 bowl, palak sabzi 1 bowl, and arhar dal 1 bowl.
- In the evening, take a cup of tea or Coffee. Consume 1 whole wheat toast or a 1/2 cup of Makhana (Fox Nuts).
- At 6 PM, consume soup or coconut water, 1 tsp flax seeds and 6-7 almonds.
- During dinner, take one bowl of Khichdi with vegetables or one bowl of quinoa pulao with Mint and coriander chutney.
Things Do’s and Don’ts During Menstruation
When you’re on your period, there are a number of activities that you want to do, but they are not actually good for your health. After doing it, you regret it continuously and feel stress unnecessarily. Even though there are many activities that you must do, you don’t do them by being lazy. Then your health becomes worse, and you worry about your health.
Here is a list of simple things that you must follow to boost your health.
- Consume your meal daily at the same time.
- Take your dinner by 9 PM.
- Take a glass of water with a meal. Take 2-3 liters in between meals.
- Chew your food well.
- Make your food tasty by adding cinnamon, saunf, methi dana etc.
- Take a 30-minute walk or gentle stretches to relieve from cramps after having your meal.
- Avoid sugary drinks
- Avoid fried foods.
- Avoid red chilies and garam masala.
- Avoid skipping meals. If you are unable to eat food in one go as per diet plan, then take it every 2 hours.
- Avoid eating in your bed.
How To Stay Healthy During Menstruation? Menstruation is a natural blood discharging process that every female has to go through every month in their life. But if you want to keep your body healthy, then you will have to eat right. You should follow a daily healthy diet plan to make your body unaffected. And there are some things that by following or unfollowing, you will be able to stimulate your body properly.
Note: Always consult the doctor about the same.
Read also: How to Keep the Digestive System Healthy?